config.guess (was: Re: cvs commit: ports/audio/libmikmod/files patch-config.sub)

Jun Kuriyama kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp
Sun Jun 22 18:17:20 PDT 2003

I'm not sure whether we should import GNU stuff in ports tree or not.

I'm building amd64 packages with my local $CONFIG_SUB_OVERRIDE patch.
This is inspired from NetBSD's $CONFIG_SUB_OVERRIDE.  I don't think we
should use complicated GNU's config.sub script.  If I'm not wrong,
config.sub seems to canonicalize $CPU-$VENDOR-$OS string and reject
unknown $CPU.
As we provide correct (hopefully :-)) $CPU-$VENDOR-$OS string in ports
infrastracture, I'm using extremely simplified config.sub script.

I cannot find a port which requires to update config.guess script to
build a pacakge on amd64.  So this patch does not include config.guess
script overriding.

o My patch for building amd64 packages:
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306231007-ports.diff

o Packages built by this patch:
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/pkg/

o Error logs which I cannot build with this patch:
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306222023-X11-libraries.log
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306222027-ruby-devel.log
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306222223-boehm-gc.log
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306222359-samba.log
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306230115-xemacs.log
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306230122-cyrus-imapd.log
  http://www.imgsrc.co.jp/~kuriyama/amd64/200306230124-emacs.log

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama at imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama at FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project