[Fwd: Re: Hundreds of make_index errors]

Tim taxman at acd.net
Sat Jun 21 18:04:41 PDT 2003

On Saturday 21 June 2003 05:16 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 12:04:33PM -0400, Tim wrote:
> > I suppose it may have to do with that I use portupgrade sometimes, make
> > install others, and even installed a few by packages.  Any idea how to
> > fix the problem?
>
> Nothing was attached, possibly because the freebsd.org mail server
> stripped it.  Sending a file of that size to a mailing list is
> somewhat impolite anyway.

well it was about 32k  I didn't think that would cause too much problems.  And
I did think it may be necessary in this case.  Sorry if it was impolite.  I'm
not sure if I have webspace available to me anywhere.  I suppose I could look
for some if you thought it would be helpful to see the errors.

> There are a number of ways that 'make index' can become broken, mostly
> involving local changes and local configuration.

Such as?  I don't know of any local config changes I've made.  My make.conf is
vanilla.

Tim

--
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a
 government big enough to take from you everything you have."