Whence CC="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib cc"?

Serge Gagnon gagnon__s at videotron.ca
Fri Jun 20 18:13:15 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 18:32, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s at videotron.ca> wrote:
>
> > Why not just comment this line as we do sometime when the author of
the
> > software write a CC=gcc hardcoded in his makefile ?
>
> Yes, I sent you a patch which removes that line.  <hint, hint>

Ooupss! Sorry, :( I didn't have the time to look at your patch. I'm too
busy this time.

> However, I didn't ask for workarounds, I'm genuinely curious where
> that unexpected value for CC comes from in the first place.

I have tested two other ports that use xmkmf/Imakefile and it seems that
they use the same LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib cc value for $CC on my
system.
I don't know how to have another value.

--
workaround man ;)