FreeBSD Port: mozilla-devel-1.4b

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Jun 20 03:38:54 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 12:27, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > I find it useful to go through the ports Makefiles on occasion and find
> > the current WITH_*/WITHOUT_* flags.  (It would be nice if there were an
> > easy way to do this; mostly I end up scanning for them after a
> > "portupgrade -a" and then go through and rebuild ports.)
>
> I print all the tunable options during pre-everything, so you should see
> a list on your screen when you try to build mozilla.

And that's what I look for when I scan the portupgrade log file.  Which
still leaves that (a) I have to do the portupgrade first and (b) not
every port with tunables prints them.

What would be nice would be a standard make target which listed the
tunables for a port; I could then run "portupgrade -a" forcing that
target to see the tunables (which often seem to change on me) and adjust
my pkgtools.conf before building everything.

brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                              KF8NH
carnegie mellon university  [better check the oblivious first -ke6sls]