FreeBSD Port: mysql-server-3.23.56

David Godsey dave at godseyfamily.com
Tue Jun 17 06:23:15 PDT 2003

I'm not sure if you have been notified of this yet or not, but the mysql
port has a problem resolving the domain during the install.  I believe
there just needs to be a patch applied to the mysql install script that
is created, it uses 'hostname -s', but that takes of the domain.  So
just 'hostname' I believe fixes the problem.

David Godsey

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov