changes to the original source...

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Thu Jun 12 15:32:44 PDT 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:08:27 -0400
Paul Chvostek <paul+fbsd at it.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 11:46:49PM +0200, Clement Laforet wrote:
> >
> > IMHO, default needed files must have an entry in distinfo.
>
> Fair enough, and I agree in principle, but are the portlint errors
> safe to ignore?  Maybe this deserves a new thread, with some details
> to gather more readers....

I think so, you know I'm not a ports guru, just a simple maintainer :-)
Before you fork this thread, I'll give you my point of view, letting
ports/portlint gurus speaking ;-)

Usually, I ignore all porlint errors on my Makefile's oddities :)
like this one:

[root at lucifer|(517)| suphp]# portlint
OK: checking /usr/ports/clem/suphp/pkg-descr.
OK: checking Makefile.
WARN: possible direct use of command "which" found. use ${WHICH} instead.
WARN: possible use of absolute pathname "/var/log", in Makefile.
WARN: possible use of absolute pathname "/var/log/.", in Makefile.
WARN: possible use of absolute pathname "/opt/apache/var/logs...", in Makefile.
WARN: possible use of absolute pathname "/usr/bin/php", in Makefile.

due to :
do-configure:
<snip>
        @${ECHO} "Setting logs path"
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,OPT_LOGFILE "/opt/apache/var/logs/suphp_log",OPT_LOGFILE "${LOG_PATH}/suphp_log",' \
                ${WRKSRC}/config.h
         @${ECHO} "Setting php path"
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,OPT_PATH_TO_PHP "/usr/bin/php",OPT_PATH_TO_PHP "${PHP_PATH}",' \
                ${WRKSRC}/config.h
        @${ECHO} "Setting suphp path in mod_suphp"
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e "s,/usr/sbin/suphp,${PREFIX}/sbin/suphp," ${WRKSRC}/apache/mod_suphp.c

because I think (maybe badly) that's the best way to avoid multiple useless patches for this port.

that's all folks ;)

Regards,

clem