Installing lang/php4 for thttpd

Andy Pavlo amp0928 at rit.edu
Wed Jun 11 21:26:36 PDT 2003

Hello,

First let me say I'm glad to see command-line only PHP back in the ports. PHP
has become my scripting-language of choice for quick jobs.

I'm trying to create an embedded device running FreeBSD and I wanted it to
have a web interface. I have installed thttpd from the ports and got that
working nicely. Documentation is scarce on getting PHP to work for thttpd but
it looks like there is a --with-thttpd=[SRC] configure flag but it doesn't
come up in the menu when you make the PHP4 port. In reading the docs for this
it says that it needs to patch the thttpd src so that it can execute hte PHP
properly.

I guess my question is am I just better off compiling this by hand or is there
a trick to add configure vars to the port "make install". If I have to
install by hand I would at least like to get PHP installed from the ports
since it's a bit more complicated and install thttpd the old fashion way.

Pleading ignorance, is there any reason why the configure menu doesn't list
all options that are available for cli PHP?

Thanks in advance,

Andy