avr-libc-2003.05.11 broken on i386 5.1

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Jun 9 15:33:48 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:36:03PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/avr-libc-2003.05.11.log
> >
> > Can you please investigate?
>
> Despite that that link has been broken for months now...  I dug
> manually through bento's logs.

No, it hasn't been broken for months.  That link is to the build
currently in progress, so when a new build starts the link target does
not exist until the port is rebuilt and the build error occurs again.

> There's a missing dependency for "gs" in the transfig port that breaks
> avr-libc (which has transfig as a prerequisite).  (Previously, perhaps
> teTeX had gs as a prerequisite so this problem was masked since teTeX
> is also a prerequisite for avr-libc.)
>
> What's the current ports freeze policy to fix things like this?  I see
> a "ports freeze" mail from May 21, 5.1R is done, but no freeze lift
> has been posted.

I posted an announcement a week or so ago stating that the ports
freeze is partially-lifted.  In fact, now that 5.1-R was released this
morning I need to announce that the freeze is completely lifted.

> Also, would it seem better to properly depend transfig on gs, or
> should i rather depend avr-libc on gs because i'm having the apparent
> problem here?

What does the transfig maintainer say?

Kris