Recent licq weirdness (possible QT problem with mouse click)

Adam blueeskimo at gmx.net
Sun Jun 8 07:57:01 PDT 2003

I've been having some strange 'issues' with licq on my FreeBSD
4.8-STABLE box over the past week or so. Sometimes (seemingly randomly),
my licq interface gets incredibly laggy on double-clicking my mouse. For
example, double-clicking on a contact to bring up the message dialog
takes about 3-4 seconds to finish. Middle-clicking on the contact takes
the same amount of time. However, if I right-click on the contact and go
to 'Send->Send Message', the message dialog pops up immediately.

I tried recompiling licq-base and licq-qt-plugin, but it had no effect.
However, restarting X consistently fixed the problem.

I spoke with emostar on #licq (irc.freenode.net), and he assured me that
no one else has reported this problem. This leads me to believe it might
be FreeBSD-specific. Like I said, its only been happening in the last
week. Perhaps this is a problem with a recent update of QT?

Has anyone else experienced this problem with licq, or other apps with
QT interface? Any ideas how to further troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
--
Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net>