faad port and xmms plugin

Mon Jun 2 00:39:43 PDT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:42:07 -0400 (EDT)
Spork <spork at fasttrackmonkey.com> wrote:

> root at green[/usr/ports/audio/faad/work/faad2/plugins/xmms]# make
> gcc -shared -o libaac-XMMS.so aac-XMMS.c -I/usr/local/include/glib12
> -I/usr/local/X11R6/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -lid3 -lz
> aac-XMMS.c: In function `aac_decode_loop':
> aac-XMMS.c:261: warning: passing arg 4 of `faacDecInit' from incompatible
> pointer type
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lid3
> *** Error code 1

There should be "-L/usr/local/lib" in the gcc command line, else gcc
isn't able to detect the presence of the lib. You may have to patch the
Makefile(.in) in work/faad2/plugins/xmms for this. Please have a look at
the porters handbook how to produce a patch suitable for inclusion into
the ports "files" dir and post it here. And while you're doing this, you
could add the id3 lib to LIB_DEPENDS in the Makefile of the port,
protected similar like mikmod or vorbis in the xmms port. I think you
also have to add an option to CONFIGURE_ARGS to build the plugin
automatically (also protected like mikmod in the xmms port). After that
you just have to add the plugin to pkg-plist (also like the mikmod parts
in the xmms port).

Bye,
Alexander.

--