FreeBSD Port: staroffice-6.0_2

Dave Littell davidl at applink.net
Thu Jul 17 06:10:57 PDT 2003

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:

> On Thursday 17 July 2003 10:21, Martin Blapp wrote:
>
> > > Everyone who bought StarOffice on a CD an especially localised versions
> > > can't use the port.
> > It's easy too add the checksums ! Please give me your checksum.
>
> Well, the CD-distributions doesn't consist in a single, but multiple files
> layed out on the CD.
>
> Don't know how the ports-system deals with CD-installation? Copying the whole
> contents to /usr/ports/distfiles?

I just looked at the tar file that contains the latest patches
(112887-04.tar) and there doesn't appear to be much of great interest
there except a file called "so-6_0-pp3-bin-linux.bin".  Bjarne, did this
file end up somewhere (/usr/local/bin?) when you did the install from
the CD?  Do you think we can just replace the corresponding files with
those from the patchkit and have done with this mess?

Thanks,
Dave