portupgrade/make install problem.

Daryl Chance chancedj at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 09:40:38 PDT 2003

Thanks for the diff, I'll try it in a bit.  Since the
.mk file has been modified and only works with 4.8,
shouldn't the pkg_install (if it can be installed
without having to install other things) be merged to
the RELENG_4_# branches since this .mk change breaks
the ports for pretty much everyone under 4.7?  It's
not a security fix, but I thought I remembered seeing
some changes "MFC'd" to the security branch, even when
it wasn't a security issue.

as for the PR, I will try that once I get home.  That
seems like a pretty good solution as well, I just need
time to sit down and read it over and I don't have the
time at work.

If I install the patch and everything seems to work
fine, what are the odds that it came be merged to the
rest of the 4.x branches? (or at least back one minor
revision to 4.6, since thats what I'm running).

I know the response from some will be to just upgrade
the 4.8, but atm, it's not an option :).

Since

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/info/perform.c.diff?r1=1.29.2.11&r2=1.29.2.12