bento fails to properly refetch after checksum mismatch

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 11 04:17:17 PDT 2003

Currently the bento cluster keeps reporting checksum mismatches for
devel/sgb on a (nearly) daily base, even though I updated the port
about two weeks ago, after upstream sources were "silently" modified.

(Cf. http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/gerald@freebsd.org.html)

The problem is that after the checksum mismatch bento tries to refetch
the sources, but ftp://ftp-master.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/
still has the old version and thus also the second attempt fails:

  >> Checksum mismatch for sgb.tar.gz.
  ===>  Refetch for 1 more times files: sgb.tar.gz
  >> sgb.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /tmp/distfiles/.
  >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp-master.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles//.
  >> Checksum mismatch for sgb.tar.gz.
  ===>  Giving up on fetching files: sgb.tar.gz

Is there anything I can do about this (like removing the bad distfiles
from ftp-master)?

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/