linux_base and rtcw

Fri Jul 11 03:34:46 PDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:19:14 -0400
Charles Becker <transistor at phreaker.net> wrote:

> Eventually im going try eariler versions of FreeBSD and see if the same
> thing happens with the sound in linux apps. I wonder if other people
> using linux_base and or wine with soundblaster cards experence this
> problem? Is there any type of linux_base mailing list?

Jumping in: our implementation of the OSS API has some constraints on
the order of what function (setting/ioctl) can be called after another,
which the linux implementation doesn't seem to have. I've patched
quakeforge and quake2forge a while ago to get sound output. So it may be
the case, that those programs which behave not as intended may not check
the error code and think everything is fine. For wine it should be easy
to check (just instrument the code with appropriate printf()s.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                   Press every key to continue.