misc/mc port dependency problem

Max Khon fjoe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 10 03:43:27 PDT 2003

hi, there!

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:35:57AM +0400, Sergey Akifyev wrote:

> I've discovered that mc is linked against one of X libraries if they're
> installed on the system at the moment of mc build. This is very bad,
> because when making mc package it doesn't depend on the
> XFree86-libraries, and doesn't run on system, where libraries are not
> installed. I'd suggest one of the following:
> 1) adding --without-x to CONFIGURE_ARGS
> 2) adding the same if MC_WITH_X is not defined
>
> Please spend some time for solving the problem.
>
> P.S. I prefer 1st solution, as I don't know many people that are really
> using mc --with-x features.

fjoe        2003/07/10 03:39:38 PDT

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    misc/mc              Makefile
  Log:
  Add WITH_X11 knob, configure with --without-x if WITH_X11 is not defined.

  Suggested by:   Sergey Akifyev <asa at gascom.ru>

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.82      +4 -0      ports/misc/mc/Makefile
http://cvsweb.FreeBSD.org/ports/misc/mc/Makefile.diff?r1=1.81&r2=1.82

/fjoe