www/squid maintainer: 3 months and still timing out...

Sergey Matveychuk sem at ciam.ru
Wed Dec 17 00:35:42 PST 2003

Jon Noack wrote:
> Squid is a mission-critical
> app for my employer and I'm the one responsible for keeping it running.

The same for me and many other people. May be writing some rules for
such ports make a sense? And if the maintainer brakes this rules
persistantly then to take off a maintainership and give it to another
person.
May be it's sounds too strict but a mainteinership is a responsibility
first.

Just a moan: if you post a PR and got no answer from a non-committer
port maintainer you could wait for a month and ask for
maintainer-timeout-commit. But if a port maintainer is a committer, your
PR freeze for enternity - nobody takes that PRs.

--
Sem.