FreeBSD Port: qmail-1.03

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 13:42:12 PST 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Peter Serwe wrote:

> Since when is daemontools not free?  Is this a new development?

It has never been free.

> Vpopmail, last I heard was also free, unless this has
> relatively recently changed.

That may be. Doesn't change its being off-topic on qmail lists.

Except for some libraries (the dns library that ships with djbdns),
DJB's stuff may only be redistributed verbatim, I'm sure you'll find
plenty of discussions in the archives of various mailing lists.

Personally, I don't have problems with daemontools since 0.75, but if I
had, I'd migrate to Gerrit Pape's runit the very instant I identified
the problem as being daemontools': Similar approach, similar design,
some improvements, free license.  http://smarden.org/runit/