FreeBSD Port: daemontools-0.76

Arjan van Leeuwen avleeuwen at piwebs.com
Mon Dec 15 10:57:28 PST 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 09:13, David du SERRE-TELMON wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using daemontools port, but I've a got a problem (see the problem
> below).
>
> Somebody on the qmail list say me that I must see this with you :
> > You're not actually running qmail and daemontools, then -- you're running
> > random code by other authors based on djb's code.  The *BSD ports have
>
> shown
>
> > all kinds of weird behaviours in the past introduced by their port
> > maintainers.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Hi David,

This is definitely not the fault of the port maintainer. I've been running
daemontools/ucspi-tcp/qmail/vpopmail for ages on dozens of servers from
ports. This comment is ridiculous (not from you, from the guy on the qmail
list who told you this)...

It's just a qmail configuration problem somewhere. I think you should be on
the vpopmail or qmail lists for that :). I use the scripts from
www.lifewithqmail.org with some small modifications, and they work fine.

Best regards,

Arjan