How to install perl-Tk

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Mon Dec 15 10:43:16 PST 2003

I have been trying to install the x11-toolkits/p5-Tk port on my
FreeBSD-4.9-stable system, and I get the error message:

===>  p5-Tk-804.025.b6 This port needs Perl 5.8.0 or greater, please upgrade
your Perl!.

I have no desire to upgrade to FreeBSD-5.  I did a search on the mail archives,
but could find no answer for what to do.  Presumably I need to install the
perl5.8 port, but I don't know what to do after that.  (I looked for 'PERL' in
/etc/make.conf to see if there was something I could do there, but I didn't see
anything.)

Thanks, Stephen