pear-PEAR/pkg-install

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Sun Dec 14 06:31:15 PST 2003

Thierry Thomas wrote:

> Le Dim 14 déc 03 à 13:40:31 +0100, Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de>
>  écrivait :
> > Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
> > the variable PEAR is defined as ${PREFIX}/bin/pear. Shouldn't it be
> > better to define it as ${LOCALBASE}/bin/pear (and add an env entry in
> > Makefile.common)? Maybe i have that binary in an other location
> > installed, as i wish to install a pear module?
>
> Indeed, it would be fine, but this is not easy to pass ${LOCALBASE} to
> pkg-install / pkg-deinstall.

Why not change

post-install:
	@${MKDIR} ${PKGREGDIR}
	@${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKDIR}/package.xml ${PKGREGDIR}
	@${SETENV} PKG_PREFIX=${PREFIX} \
	${SH} ${PKGINSTALL} ${PKGNAME} POST-INSTALL

to:

post-install:
	@${MKDIR} ${PKGREGDIR}
	@${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKDIR}/package.xml ${PKGREGDIR}
	@${SETENV} PKG_PREFIX="${PREFIX}" PHP_BASE="${PHP_BASE}" \
	${SH} ${PKGINSTALL} ${PKGNAME} POST-INSTALL

and in pkg-install:
PEAR=${PREFIX}/bin/pear
to:
PEAR=${PHP_BASE}/bin/pear

But actually I have no clue how to modify pkg-deinstall. Where does
PKG_PREFIX in pkg-deinstall comes from?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
        @home: lehmann at ans-netz.de