net/irrtoolset

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Dec 12 10:16:58 PST 2003

> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:47:45 +0100
> From: Mathieu Arnold <mat at mat.cc>
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been wondering a few things about this port, it does not build on
> bento (5-current), but it does build nicely on a few week old 5.2-BETA.
> There's been an update of the gcc 2.95 port lately which may have fixed the
> build. I'm not really sure what the cause is, so I'll wait for the next
> 5-current run.

I'm sorry to day that it still will not build on V5. The error clearly
indicates a compiler problem and I will open a new PR on it shortly. It
fails to parse a line from a header file that is part of gcc 2.95, itself.

You can install the package for V4 and it seems to work properly. This
assumes that you have COMPAT_FREEBSD4 in your kernel configuration.

The REAL solution will only come when RIPE fixes the IRRToolSet to build
with g++ V3. I have spoken with them, but it does not seem to be a high
priority. Their main goal is to get all of the tools ported to support
IPv6 and the latest generation of RPSL. Some already have been completed
in 4.8, but I suspect that gcc V3 will be quite a while in coming.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)