games/bzflag 1.10 released! please update

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Dec 11 14:34:22 PST 2003

On Dec 11, 2003, at 3:42 PM, Erik Greenwald wrote:
> If you every want to drop off as maintainer or need a hand, I'd be
> willing to help out. I work with one of the developers, so I can
> walk over and smack him until he takes a fix... :) (was going to
> offer to take maintainership after work, butcha beat me to it)

Someone should be the maintainer, if only to avoid several people
duplicating each other's efforts.  If you can get this coworker who
develops bzflag to take over the port, that would be ideal; otherwise,
whatever help you can give would be appreciated, thanks.

With regard to getting him to accept fixes, if that person can review
the contents of ports/games/bzflag/files, that would be helpful.  Also,
it would be good if they packaged the source tarball so that it
extracted to a name which matches the version.  (1.10 extracts to
1.9.10, for some odd reason...)

Take care,
--
-Chuck