proposal to enable to skip installation of perl mod man pages

Masafumi NAKANE max at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 7 18:41:22 PST 2003

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:51:42 +0300,
Sergey Matveychuk <sem at ciam.ru> wrote:
> Why don't you use NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES variable instead of NO_PERL_MAN3?

Because, as I understand it, NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES is to say the port
does not install the man pages, as in port that uses Imake, but no
install.man target exists.  So, NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES is for porters to
define the behavior of the port, while the proposed NO_PERL_MAN3 is
for users to adjust it.

> Special variable for perl man pages looks weird.

Thus, no it is not, I believe.

     Cheers,
Max