[DRAFT] ports contributor's guide

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Dec 4 23:07:41 PST 2003

>Most of unmaintained are outdated, we should get rid of them. OTOH, we
>have ports that no one wants ! courrier MTA, ntop, and many more...

See ports/59362 for my proposal to formalize a ports deprecation process.

I am also thinking that it would be useful if I created an occasional
email report
to maintainers who have broken ports as defined by, e.g., the BROKEN makevar
on i386-5-full.  (That's what my evaluation of BROKEN defaults to, so I
don't
have to try to keep track of the 7 different major ways it can evaluate
itself,
i.e. by what I call 'buildenv'.)

mcl