[DRAFT] ports contributor's guide

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Thu Dec 4 20:53:22 PST 2003

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 04:25:29 +0000
"clayton rollins" <crollins666 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> All in all, very nice work. I wish I had read something similar
> when first starting out with the ports system.
Thanks :-)

> One small criticism, though.
>
> The doc. does a good job of presenting the fact that
> adopting orphaned ports is a good place to start, but
> never states any methods one would use to find
> orphaned ports. (This is something I still have
> questions on...)

It will be added to the future FAQ section.
All ports "forsaken to" ports at FreeBSD.org should be taken over by
anyone, but some of them mustn't be adopted, like gettext port. IMHO,
gettext should be owned by portmgr at FreeBSD.org.

I surely add tips and tricks, based on my own mistakes.

clem