[DRAFT] ports contributor's guide

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 20:25:32 PST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 Clement Laforet
                               <sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org> wrote:

>Hi !
>
>Few days ago, Kris suggested to add a small "new contributor's guide" to
>FreeBSD Porter's Handbook.
>
>I wrote a draft tonight (which should contain a lot of errors).
>Can some of you take 5 minutes to have a look at it please ?
>
>you can find it here:
>http://www.cultdeadsheep.org/sheepkiller/FreeBSD/ports-devel/docs/draft-ports-contributors-guide.txt
>
>As usual, all kind of feedbak are welcome.
>
>clem

Hi,

All in all, very nice work. I wish I had read something similar
when first starting out with the ports system.

One small criticism, though.

The doc. does a good job of presenting the fact that
adopting orphaned ports is a good place to start, but
never states any methods one would use to find
orphaned ports. (This is something I still have
questions on...)

Good work,
Peace,
Clayton Rollins