Want to create/maintain a port

Jim Hatfield subscriber at insignia.com
Wed Dec 3 08:20:27 PST 2003

Vincent,

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:00:20 -0000 , in local.freebsd.ports you wrote:

>I'm actually looking for a port to create/maintain, but there are not
>a lot interesting as I see because for a lot of them, they are still
>created. If any of you know something which need to be ported please,
>mail me.
>( I haven't subscribe to this mailing list, so please, answer back
>to my email)

Some work on linuxigd would be nice :-)

The version of the upnpd library it links with
leaks like a sieve. I understand there is a newer
version which is much better but the API has changed
so the application would have to be reworked.

Plus, while it creates the "port forward" entries via
ipnat, it doesn't create firewall entries via ipf, so
you need to leave yourself wide open or know the ip
addresses of the peer machines.

And I guess ipfw fans would appreciate ipfw support too,
since currently it's only ipf/ipnat.

A lot of the Marketing people in the company where I work
would love to be able to do voice-and-video with Messenger
from behind the FreeBSD-based firewall.

Jim