flashplugin run by linuxpluginwrapper crashes browser

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Tue Dec 2 19:14:30 PST 2003

Hi!

I know the linuxpluginwrapper has been tested by many many ppl, but for me
it just crashes. Any idea what's happening?

I have tried firebird, mozilla and galeon, they all act the same. When
going to www.macromedia.com, two gray boxes show up where the two
flashfiles are expected to start, then the browser crashes.

I run Freebsd 4.9-release, I've patched it with the rtld patch and did make
; make install in src/libexec/rtld-elf.

about:plugins shows up OK with the two lines about shockwave and
futuresplash - in galeon & firebird. (For mozilla-1.5_1,2, the page is
empty, but this happens with or without the linuxpluginwrapper installed,
so this must be something else?).

FreeBSD 4.9-release+ rtld patch, latest version of all related software
from ports.
linux emulation enabled through linux_base-7

Any ideas?

/Palle