Want to create/maintain a port

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 05:49:23 PST 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:00:20PM +0100, Vincent Tantardini wrote:

> I'm actually looking for a port to create/maintain, but there are not
> a lot interesting as I see because for a lot of them, they are still
> created. If any of you know something which need to be ported please,
> mail me.
> ( I haven't subscribe to this mailing list, so please, answer back
> to my email)

Hmmm... well it depends a great deal on what you find interesting or
useful.  There are plenty of ports without a named maintainer -- try:

    % grep 'ports at freebsd.org' /usr/ports/INDEX | \
        perl -aln -F'\|' -e 'print $F[0];'

By my count that's about 88 unclaimed ports at the moment -- less than
1% -- which is pretty good.

Find one or more port that you like, and submit a PR claiming
maintainership -- preferably updating or improving the port at the
same time.

Otherwise, here's the announcement of something that could very
usefully have a place in the ports tree:

    http://lists.mysql.com/announce/174

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way