wxPython & wxWindows

Nicholas Wieland nicholas_wieland at yahoo.it
Sun Aug 31 02:39:05 PDT 2003

Hi all,
  I've just compiled wxPython from ports.
First of all pyOpenGL (wxPython dependancy) does not compile [1].
I'd like to know if I can compile it against gtk2 and not gtk1, on my
system wxPython is the *only* package that does require gtk1 and glib1.
I've tried to tweak wxWindows port but can't make it compile against
gtk2, and as far as I can tell wxPython compiles accordingly to
wxWindows.
Is it possible to have a WITH_GTK2=yes option or something similar for
wxPython ? Am I asking too much ? I'd really appreciate it, I think that
wx support to gtk2 is quite good now, so if someone wants to try it...
I can help testing and everything else, but unfortunately I'm not a C++
Programmer, so probably I can't help with wxWindows ... but count on me
for wxPython :)

TIA,
	nicholas

[1]
can't read "::tcl::direct": no such variable
    while executing
"if { !$::tcl::direct } {
                    tclLog "commands provided were $cmds"
                }"
    (procedure "pkg_mkIndex" line 281)
    invoked from within
"pkg_mkIndex -verbose
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/OpenGL/Tk/freebsd5-tk8.4 Togl.so"
    (file
"/usr/ports/graphics/py-opengl/work/PyOpenGL-2.0.0.44/register.tcl" line
1)
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/py-opengl.