cvs commit: ports/graphics/netpbm Makefile (fwd)

Sergey A. Osokin osa at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 30 14:36:05 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 02:54:26AM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Can someone please explain to me why fixing a plist necessitates bumping
> portrevision? If I already have the port installed, the plist is already
> broken. There is nothing about this fix that makes me want to reinstall
> the port.
>
> IMO, people bump portrevision WAY WAY too often, causing a lot of wasted
> time for people needlessly updating ports that work exactly the same
> after the upgrade.

My answer is a very simply.  From "Porter's Handbook":
<quote>
Examples of when PORTREVISION should be bumped:
Changes in the packing list...
</quote>

Please tell me where is my fault.

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL