FreeBSD Port: ymessenger-0.99.19.1,20020902; broken on 5.1-RELEASE (2)

Kuba Lida kuba at krakow.homeunix.com
Thu Aug 28 14:45:11 PDT 2003

Thank you for your almost immediate reply :) I anticipated that it wouldn't be
so easy... if it was I would have found some solution in news groups or
somewhere else.

As to the solution; couldn't the libglib from 4.x be put as, say, a
"compatibility-port" into the port system? And the ymessenger "told" somehow
to use the old libglib, not the one from 5.x? Or couldn't the library be put
right into one of ymessenger's directories and be packaged together with it?
I know it would be a temporary solution and not an elegant one, but maybe it
would allow people who desperately need ymessenger (I fortunately can do well
without it as for now) to use it in their 5.x systems.

I must stress that I am not a system developer, just a willing-to-help BSD
fan that uses FreeBSD for my work (network administrator) since 4.3 release.
Besides, it was my first time I got into the bug-tracking/tech-detail
discussion:) Thanks.

Kuba Lida
Krakow, Poland
kuba at krakow.homeunix.com