INDEX build failed - move to ports-bugs?

Adam McLaurin blueeskimo at gmx.net
Wed Aug 27 06:03:50 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 15:18, Sergei Kolobov wrote:
> As much as I love reading through these endless messages of great
> wisdom ;) but I would really love to see them sent to freebsd-ports-bugs
> instead of freebsd-ports. IMHO, they will reach much better audience
> there, and unclutter freebsd-ports for Ports *discussions*.
>
> Anyone feeling the same?

I just use a filter on the Subject line to put these in a convenient
subfolder. I do appreciate knowing when the INDEX is borked (especially
with things like the 'Out of memory error') so I can avert problems
locally.

Kris is right, without the INDEX emails to Ports, we'd be inundated with
INDEX failures every time something goes wrong. This is a much more
controlled way of notifying everyone of problems.

--
Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo at gmx.net>