FreeBSD Port: libsigc++-1.2.5 pkgconfig directory

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Thu Aug 21 20:08:41 PDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 22:22, Stephen Casner wrote:
> > This port installs sigc++-1.2.pc into /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ rather
> > than /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/ even though pkg-plist includes the line
> >
> > libdata/pkgconfig/sigc++-1.2.pc
> >
> > and /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/ is where pkg-config expects to find
> > it.  Is this a bug or just conflicting assumptions for different systems?
>
> It installs into the correct location for me.  Do you have an up-to-date
> /usr/ports/Mk directory?

Perhaps/probably not.  It is as installed with 4.8-RELEASE.  I admit
not investigating that direction because I saw

pkgconfigdir = $(libdir)/pkgconfig

in Makefile{.am,.in,} .  But I see now that in the libsigc++ 1.2.2
port that was included with 4.8-RELEASE the Makefile.in gets patched
to fix that line.  So that must be handled differently now.  Sorry.

                                                        -- Steve