e2fsprogs 1.32 working partly - should this import?

Thomas Stratmann strattbo at fsp1.physik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Aug 21 16:01:37 PDT 2003

Hi crowd,

I was a bit too quick with my posting from yesterday - I do not have
gotten e2fsprogs version 1.32 working. But what I do have is this:
I altered the e2fsprogs port directory to update to 1.32, and as far as
I can see (I read the porters-handbook by now) it is a valid port.

fsck.ext2 works for me (and saved my life, now I can multiboot into my
linux again). All other major tools from the package probably don't
work. I only checked mke2fs, it is unable to get the device size
probably (some wrong iocontrol?).

AFAIK, this is the same with the old (1.27) version of the port.
The only difference: 1.27 couldn't check my filesystem due to
'unsupported extensions', which the new version seems to handle.

So, if I got everything right, the new port would still be broken,
but anyways an improvement.

Guys (and Girls), what is the right policy in this situation? Should I
submit the new version as a PR anyway? If so, is there anything special
I should pay attention to?

I'd appreciate if you'd answer privately, I'm still not on this list.
I consider subscribing if I find myself doing this more often...

Cheers,
Thomas