RFC: patch for bsd.port.mk to use ${PORTSDIR}/MOVED

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 17 15:05:59 PDT 2003

>> (08.17.2003 @ 1752 PST): Sergey Matveychuk said, in 0.4K: <<
> >It was primarily written to make a smooth migration from current 2
> >levels ports tree to a hypothetic 3 levels ports tree,
>
> Question 2 portmgr: is this planned? At least hypothetical :)
>> end of "Re: RFC: patch for bsd.port.mk to use ${PORTSDIR}/MOVED" from Sergey Matveychuk <<

I think there's great merit in not making a limit to the ports tree
organizational depth.
x11/desktop_environments/gnome/stable/sysutils/gnomecontrolcenter2
x11/desktop_environments/gnome/devel/sysutils/gnomecontrolcenter2

etc. It'd be nice to put all the apache modules under one directory,
under a general apache directory, under www. Stuff like that. If we're
going to go through the work of making it 3-deep, we might as well at
least set up the code to handle n-depth.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
vectors.cx	>>  adam at vectors.cx	>>  http://www.vectors.cx