Port WITH_* options and updates/portupgrade

Michael Edenfield kutulu at kutulu.org
Sun Aug 17 13:49:42 PDT 2003

* Matthias Andree <ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> [030817 13:49]:

> I do have concerns with portupgrade though: Whenever I do a batch build
> of Postfix, it lacks SASL2 support (that I need to enable manually).
>
> Is there any chance that port options used in a build, regardless of
> WITH_* options or dialog settings, could be stored so that portupgrade
> or even a stock "make clean ; make" can find and use these options?

Anything that you can pass on the make command line you can put into
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  This is what I have for postfix to
always build with DB3:

  MAKE_ARGS = {
    'mail/postfix' => 'BATCH=1 POSTFIX_OPTIONS=DB3',
  }

Just look in the postfix Makefile to see how it handles the various
options you get from the dialog.  Most other ports that use dialog
work similarly.

The downside is that you need to remember to always use the pkgtools
like portupgrade.  It's also easy to forget to add new ports when you
need them, but eventually it becomes second nature.

--Mike