Using rc.subr for port scripts (PR 54116, and PR 54352)

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Sun Aug 17 09:06:54 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 04:03:40PM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> Could someone on the Port Manager team have a look at PR 54116, as this PR
> will allow us to fully convert our PREFIX/etc/rc.d/ scripts to RC_NG and
> allow them to work on FreeBSD < 5.0 that don't have /etc/rc.subr.

Hi Scot,

Jun Kuriyama brought it to our attention.  There is only one
slight problem with the patch:  It doesn't account for the future
when rc.subr in the system might not provide expected behavior or
support for some ports.  Which means at some point we need to
find some way to support older 5.x systems with rcNG.

But for now portmgr is going to test the patch on bento and
hopefully commit soon.

regards,
--
wca