Postgresql problem; affecting other startup scripts....

Ash Christopher achrsto at ucalgary.ca
Sat Aug 16 03:27:06 PDT 2003

Hello,

I just recently installed postgresql-7.3.3_1 on my system (FreeBSD 5.1). Since installing the software, no other programs are run on startup anymore. My apache, samba, sendmail, mysql etc... dont get run. I have not read anything about incompatibilities with other packages. I have removed the postgres startup shell from my /usr/local/etc/rc.d folder, but it still seems to get run....which is weird...

Have you heard of this problem before?? and how might I go about resolving it??

Thanks,
Ash Christopher