FreeBSD Port: icc-7.1.021

Wed Aug 13 08:12:21 PDT 2003

Kilian Hagemann schrieb:

> However, there they only have version 7.1.006. When running make install, it
> tells me I can also get the latest version from https://premier.intel.com. So
> I registered for that site, but they only have version 7.1.25, as it became
> available on the day I decided to install the port(11 August)!!!

Yes, and I also got the mail from Intel about the update. Unfortunately
my monitor just died at the same day and the box with the neccessary ssh
key for committing the update doesn't allow remote logins (it seems I'm
paranoid...). At the end of the week I get a message if I need to buy a
new one or not (but I may get a loaned one over the weekend).

> I can't even find a checksum for the 7.1.25 version, so I'm stuffed.
>
> Please advise when you'll update the port or how I can get around the version
> problem.

Edit the port Makefile to have the 7.1.25 version ("PORTVERSION"), put
the icc tarball into /usr/ports/distfiles, run "make makesum; make" (it
will fail), look into the created "work" directory and write down the
version number of the extracted files, edit the Makefile again (correct
the version numbers you just wrote down), run "make clean". Now the port
should be updated and you can install it (it may be the case, that the
packaging list (pkg-plist) isn't correct, but as it installs completely
into its own directory, you don't need to worry about it that much).

Bye,
Alexander.