Ports scheduled for removal on Nov 7

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Aug 9 23:22:56 PDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 12:14:56PM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> > So far I have:
> >
> > * mailed the maintainers
> > * force-committed to every affected port
> > * mailed to the port mailing list.
> >
> > What more do you suggest?
>
> As I said: inform the users.  This might be material for
> FreeBSD-announce.  It seems also reasonable to spam FreeBSD-questions
> with it.

I think it would definitely be off-topic for freebsd-questions, but
I'd be more open to -announce.  The only thing is that port removals
are a periodic event (I just happen to have more than usual queued up
this time), so if I do it this time I should do it every time.

The freebsd-announce charter is:

    Important events / milestones

    This is the mailing list for people interested only in occasional
announcements of significant FreeBSD events. This includes
announcements about snapshots and other releases. It contains
announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities. It may contain calls for
volunteers etc. This is a low volume, strictly moderated mailing list.

What do other people think about this?

Kris