Ports scheduled for removal on Nov 7

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 8 18:35:48 PDT 2003

On Friday,  8 August 2003 at 12:42:44 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:53:34 -0700
> Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
>
>> The following ports are scheduled for removal on November 7 if they
>> are still broken at that time and no PRs have been submitted to fix
>
>> databases/firebird	firebird-1.0.2	chris at aims.com.au
>> databases/firebird-devel	firebird-1.0.r2	chris at aims.com.au
>
> I've marked them FORBIDDEN because of an posting on bugtraq. I've talked
> with the maintainer and he explained, that the developers focus on the
> development of the next version and don't seem to be interested in
> fixing this vulnerability.

Are you sure that this vulnerability exists?  bugtraq seems to be
rather indiscriminate in its claims ("found in this version, all these
others must have it too").  I've seen at least one case where we were
about to throw out something (ghostview, I think) because of a library
vulnerability on a different platform.

Greg