Openoffice beta package

Michael Collette metrol at metrol.net
Wed Apr 30 00:55:21 PDT 2003

Running on: 4.8-STABLE #0: Tue Apr 29 00:09:31 PDT 2003

Attempted to install the beta package of OpenOffice found on...
http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/

The pkg_add works, though the messages are a little off from reality.  As a
regular user I then ran through the GUI setup.  So far so good.  When I
actually try to run the thing I get a pop up dialog error telling me that it
can't load the Sun splash screen.

I went through and verified that every port that this package relies on was up
to the latest version.  Made doubly sure that all traces of old installs were
gone.  None of it made a difference.

I then went and installed the 1.0.3 package instead.  No glitches at all.
Only the beta seems to be having problems.

Was wondering if I'm all alone on seeing these results, or if others are also
having problems running the beta?

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."