mod_php4 fails.

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Mon Apr 28 07:19:55 PDT 2003

On 4/28/2003 2:47 PM, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Am 2003.04.28 13:37 schrieb(en) Jens Rehsack:

>> on

>> you
>> >
>> > Here it is:
>> >
>> > martin# uname -a
>> > FreeBSD martin.kleinerdrache.org 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #0:
>> Tue
>> > Apr 22 18:54:10 CEST 2003
>> > martin at martin.kleinerdrache.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL  i386
>> >
>> > command line:
>> >

>> Reading the information you sent and the original messages again I
>> cannot see anything real wrong, but your extreme fullfilled make.conf
>> makes me assuming side effects. Recapitulating the line
>> "/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to
>> `pthread_cond_signal'"
>> from the config.log maybe libxml2 or underlying gtk affects using
>> threaded library for being thread safe. You should re-check each
>> dependend
>> library for a clean solution or add
>>
>> CFLAGS+=-pthread
>>
>> for maybe quick and dirty work.
>
> I tried to build all dependencies with 'portupgrade -rfi mod_php4',
> just using 'no' on ports I associate only with X11, but that didn't
> work.  Also the -pthread thing in the form 'make CFLAGS+=-pthread'
> didn't work.
>
> Any other ideas?

I had and I told you. You should check all your WITH_*-settings in
your /etc/make.conf for side effects. I don't know for what is

WITH_NATIVE_THREADS=yes

is good for. Same with many others...

I strongly recommend you check all builds using script(1) for depending
on libc_r (or using threads) and try to eruate the reason why they do.
In my environment libxslt.so didn't require libc_r but the required
libxml2.so does but it links fine. You may want use ldd(1) to check your
system for that, e.g. using 'ldd -a /usr/local/lib/libxslt.so'.

Good hunting :-)
Jens

--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W