subversion port

Philip Reynolds philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie
Mon Apr 28 05:03:38 PDT 2003

The subversion port depends on APR versions 0.9.3 - 0.9.9

	# ./configure
	Configuring Subversion 0.21.0
	creating config.nice
	configure: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library configuration
	checking for APR... yes
	checking APR version... 0.9.1
	wanted regex is 0\.9\.[3-9]
	configure: error: invalid apr version found

the Makefile suggests it depends on 0.9.x

LIB_DEPENDS=    db4:${PORTSDIR}/databases/db4 \
        neon.23:${PORTSDIR}/www/neon \
        expat.4:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/expat2 \
        apr-0.9:${PORTSDIR}/devel/apr

I'm not sure whether this is an issue that can be resolved (i.e. is
it possible to use a range of versions?)

I upgraded my APR version (from 0.9.1) and everything was fine, it's
just that the subversion configure script caught the dependency
error, not the FreeBSD Makefile.

Regards,

--
Philip Reynolds                      | RFC Networks Ltd.
philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie      | +353 (0)1 8832063