mod_php4 fails.

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Mon Apr 28 04:37:18 PDT 2003

On 4/28/2003 11:56 AM, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Am 2003.04.28 11:41 schrieb(en) Jens Rehsack:
>> On 4/28/2003 10:26 AM, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
>> > Hello, as the Port want's, I send you this report.
>> >
>> > configure: error: Problem with libjpeg.(a|so). Please check
>> config.log
>> > for more information.
>> > ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>> >        Please report the problem to dirk at FreeBSD.org [maintainer]
>> and
>> > attach
>> >        the
>> "/var/tmp/usr/ports/www/mod_php4/work/php-4.3.1/config.log"
>>
>> > including
>> >        the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
>> might
>> > be a
>> >        good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
>>
>> > your
>> >        system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
>> > *** Error code 1
>> >
>> > File is attached.
>>
>> Can you please submit the portversion of php and the environment you
>> use
>> to build (uname -a, dmesg, command line, make.conf, ...).
>
> Here it is:
>
> martin# uname -a
> FreeBSD martin.kleinerdrache.org 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #0: Tue
> Apr 22 18:54:10 CEST 2003
> martin at martin.kleinerdrache.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL  i386
>
> command line:

Reading the information you sent and the original messages again I
cannot see anything real wrong, but your extreme fullfilled make.conf
makes me assuming side effects. Recapitulating the line
"/usr/local/lib/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `pthread_cond_signal'"
from the config.log maybe libxml2 or underlying gtk affects using
threaded library for being thread safe. You should re-check each dependend
library for a clean solution or add

CFLAGS+=-pthread

for maybe quick and dirty work.

Regards,