A couple of stuborn problems with my upgrade

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Thu Apr 24 18:02:05 PDT 2003

Andrew wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Tom Parquette wrote:
>

>>Part 3 is a simple question.  What does the message about +COMMENT
>>mean?  It does not say anything to me.
>>

>Check the permissions is /var/db/pkg
>
>Andrew

Andrew,
I stepped down through /var/db/pkg and everything looked OK.
I listed everything in pkg and all of the directories were the same
drwxr-xr-x and owned by root:wheel.
I didn't go into the lower directories because of the number of them.
I've included permission summeries below and the permissions on pdgdb.db.
I'm not sure what I should be looking for, exactly.
Cheers...

My permissions: