Building ports in a chrooted tree

Thu Apr 24 02:53:00 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:27:21 +0400 (MSD)
. at babolo.ru wrote:

> > Build a port in the chroot, at the same time build the same port in
> > /usr/ports. This is the problem I don't want to have.
> Yes.
> I use one /usr/ports for tens of hosts and
> hundreds jail.
> Just let not write to /usr/ports anything
> when build ports and you have no interaction.
> cat /etc/make.conf
> ..
> PACKAGES=${TMPDIR}
> WRKDIRPREFIX=${TMPDIR}
> MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX?=${TMPDIR}

I know about those variables and use some of them myself in some
environments.

> ..
> where TMPDIR is out of /usr/ports (and /usr/src)
> And mount /usr/ports read only in jails
> (and most hosts)

You describe a solution for a problem I don't want/have to solve. The
SystemOnCD port is supposed to appear in the ports collection, and it
should be buildable without any modification anywhere. And at the same
time I want to allow the build of other ports on the build system
without getting problems in the SystemOnCD-chroot.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           Intel: where Quality is job number 0.9998782345!