4.8 mod_php4 port broken?

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 23 09:13:07 PDT 2003

I installed 4.8 recently and today - since apache died during start -
I wanted to rebuild mod_php4 (the logs were indicating a problem with
a missing symbol in libm.

I installed the ports from CD and did a 'make' in mod_php4. Chose GD 2
lib and went off.

Result:

checking for FreeType 2... yes
checking for T1lib support... yes
checking whether to enable truetype string function in GD... yes
checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... yes
checking for png_write_image in -lpng... no
configure: error: Problem with libpng.(a|so) or libz.(a|so). Please check config.log for more information.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to dirk at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
      the "/usr/ports/www/mod_php4/work/php-4.3.1/config.log" including the
      output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
      idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
      (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.

Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies at rwth-aachen.de