Error starting up ports version of bind from /etc/rc.conf

Doug Silver dsilver at urchin.com
Tue Apr 22 12:43:37 PDT 2003

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but I just came across an error
if I changed the named_program in /etc/rc.conf to /usr/local/sbin/named.  It
fails to start because the ldloader section in /etc/rc runs after rc.network,
so it gives an error about ld-elf not finding the libcrypto that it's linked
against.  I've gone to starting it from /usr/local/etc/rc.d, which seems the
more logical place for all ports to start instead of changing things in /etc.

-doug